Tadiran Rapid Response TRR™ Series batteries activate instantly
Tadiran Batteries, a leading manufacturer of lithium batteries, has just developed the Tadiran Rapid Response TRR™ Series, a new family of lithium thionyl chloride batteries capable of delivering high capacity and high energy density without voltage or power delay, delivering long life power in extreme environmental conditions.
Decades of research and development have led engineers at Tadiran to develop this major breakthrough in lithium chemistry, and the TRR™ Series is now a commercially available lithium thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2) battery capable of eliminating passivation effects that can hinder battery performance.
When a standard LiSOCl2 battery is first subjected to load, voltage can drop temporarily, and then return to its nominal value. The TRR™ Series batteries virtually eliminate this voltage drop as well as voltage drop under pulse (or transient minimum voltage level). The final result is zero delay during the voltage response. These unique attributes enable the TRR™ Series battery to utilize available capacity more efficiently, thus extending the operating life of the battery in certain applications, especially in extremely hot or cold temperatures. Key product features include:
- Virtually no voltage or power delay
- Economical Design:
- Reducing the size of capacitors or eliminating the need for capacitors in certain applications
- Enables smaller batteries to be used in certain applications
- Permits faster discharge: Allows significantly quicker life time testing
- High capacity and high energy density (small, lightweight and powerful)
- Very low self-discharge (enables operating life of 20+ years)
- Improved performance at extremely high and low temperatures (-55°C to +85°C)
TRR™ battery technology will be available in all standard sizes of cylindrical cells, with new series nomenclatures.
In addition to TRR™ Series batteries, Tadiran manufactures a complete line of lithium thionyl chloride batteries, including a variety of primary cylindrical batteries, coin-sized cells, battery packs, and PulsesPlus-batteries for high current pulse applications. Tadiran products are available in a variety of terminations and assemblies.