For long-term use in harsh environments
The TLI series is specifically designed for long-term use in harsh environments and represents an important breakthrough in rechargeable lithium-ion battery technology.
Standard rechargeable lithium-ion cells have inherent drawbacks, including short operating life (maximum 5 years), low maximum cycle life (1000 cycles), high self-discharge (up to 60 % per year), and limited temperature range (0 °C to 60 °C) with no possibility of charging at low and high temperatures.
By contrast, TLI series batteries utilize technology found in Tadiran’s patented hybrid layer capacitor (HLC), which stores the high current pulses required for two-way wireless communications. Tadiran’s technology has been field-proven in millions of cells to deliver 25+ year service life. TLI series batteries modify this technology to deliver reliable, long-term performance under extreme environmental conditions.
- wider operating temperature (– 40 °C to 85 °C, with short term storage up to 90 °C)
- ability to deliver high current pulses (up to 5A)
- low self-discharge rate (less than 5 % per year)
- up to 5 times more life cycles (5000 full cycles)
- longer operating life (10 years)
- charging possible at extreme temperatures (10 hour rate)
- glass-to-metal seal
TLI Series cells can be recharged using DC power or can be used in conjunction with photovoltaic solar systems or other energy harvesting devices to deliver reliable long-term power. Please refer to the TLI guidelines which are available for download.