The usage of battery-powered devices has surged rapidly in the past two decades. In almost every single industry, improved battery technology has produced many benefits. One key issue faced in the past regarding battery-powered devices was that they couldn’t be used in high temperatures.
Previous battery models could not sustain high heat, and the battery life was shortened significantly because of the high temperatures. Many applications of industrial batteries faced high temperatures, but battery-powered devices were unable to sustain such high temperatures. The best battery for high temperature includes a lithium battery which can be used under high temperatures.
Let’s learn more about the advantages of lithium-ion batteries under high temperatures and their applications:
Choosing the Best Battery for High Temperature:
In the past, the different options available in batteries were very limited. The batteries could not sustain high temperatures, and their storage capacity was also lower. The oldest type of batteries in use were the sealed lead-acid batteries, but they were not suitable for handheld devices because of their low energy density.
Another battery used for some time included the nickel-metal hydride battery (NiMH). Still, these batteries were also unsuitable for very high temperatures used in medical equipment applications like sterilization.
Then comes the best battery for high temperature that can be used in various industries like oil and gas exploration, industrial plants, and the medical industry. Lithium batteries are the kind of batteries that can be used at very high temperatures in various industries.
Lithium Battery, Best Battery For High Temperature:
Most battery factories produce a wide variety of batteries to cater to large audiences in different industries. One of the most significant users of batteries remains the industrial battery products used for many different applications.
Here are some of the critical advantages of using lithium-ion batteries for industrial products.
High Energy Density Batteries:
Not only are lithium batteries considered the best battery for high temperatures, but they also have high energy density. Most electrical equipment in any industrial setting requires it to operate for an extended period; this usage is expected to increase the battery’s temperature.
With lithium batteries, the different challenges related to temperature are tackled because of their higher energy density. The latest lithium batteries being developed can be used in different situations with temperatures more than 120° C.
Benefits of Using Best Battery For High Temperature:
- Some benefits of using the best battery for high temperatures include equipment safety. The industrial equipment in any factory has to sustain heat from different procedures. If the battery cannot sustain such high heat, it might blow up or stop working.
- The risk of using batteries that don’t sustain high temperatures in any industry can be very high. So the batteries must be selected carefully according to the heat resistance and expected heat released during the process. With a lithium-powered battery, you remove the risk of faulty battery in high temperatures.
- Another significant advantage of these batteries is that they come in many different options; they are now available in smaller sizes for storing more power. These batteries can also be rechargeable, even if they pass through high heat.
- As the use of battery-powered products increases rapidly in all kinds of industries, you won’t have to worry about the high temperatures while operating these products.
- Now you know why you must only choose the best battery for high temperature in your industrial equipment—safety, reliability, and storage all options matter in choosing the correct battery for your operations.
Tadiran Batteries has been creating a range of batteries considered the best battery for high temperatures. These batteries are used in various industrial uses like process automation, wireless networks, and controllers. Many Lithium/Thionyl Chloride batteries are also used for fault detection equipment.
- Other applications of these high-temperature-resistant batteries include medical equipment that must be sterilized.
What batteries are suitable for high temperatures?
The best battery for high temperatures includes the different kinds of batteries created using lithium.
Which industries need batteries with high-temperature resistance?
Many different industries require batteries resistant to high temperatures, including the oil and gas industry, aviation, and the medical industry.